PACA is a co-educational Ofsted rated 'good' school for 11 to 16 year olds based in the heart of the Mile Oak Community in Portslade, Brighton.
PACA’s motto is ‘Unlocking Potential’ and we are committed to unlocking the full potential in our students and staff. With our wonderful new buildings and facilities, an educational transformation is underway. PACA is part of a growing family of Aldridge Academies – all very different, but with a shared commitment to inclusivity and limitless aspiration – in a strong community context. We work closely with our sister school in Brighton, the Brighton Aldridge Community Academy, and both governing bodies are committed to continuing collaborative work. Our students are rightly proud of their school already, but we have very ambitious plans for the future.
Our mission is to change lives and bring about positive outcomes for all our learners. The Academy is underpinned by an ethos that supports the highest possible personal achievement for each student. We encourage and help all students to develop a passion for learning. In particular we want young people to recognise the potential that they have and we will provide the opportunities to unlock it. We believe that every student can achieve success at school, irrespective of their starting point.
We foster independent learning; students take responsibility for their own education in order to develop an entrepreneurial attitude of self-motivation, leading to success.
Students are encouraged to become leaders within the school and wider community. They take on a variety of roles such as peer mentors, prefects, officers and charity ambassadors. It is important to us that our students develop a strong sense of social responsibility and make a positive contribution to the local and global community. We foster community spirit and help create compassionate, active and responsible citizens.
Our foremost aim is to fully prepare students for adulthood and ensure that they are ‘life ready’ by the time they leave us. As such, we pledge to parents and carers that we are committed to make a difference to the life chances of every student attending PACA.
For all members of the PACA community there will be:-
- a clear purpose, high expectations and culture of achievement and success
- a positive ethos, characterised by integrity, respect and compassion for others
- a strong sense of service to others
- courage to innovate: a creative approach to personalising learning, experience and support for students
- a relentless focus on learning to secure the best opportunities and outcomes for students
- a culture of lifelong learning for the whole community
- clear accountability for all members of Academy community
- a sustainable, creative and distributed model of leadership for staff and students
- an evidence based improvement culture
Our pledge to our students and their families is that every PACA student achieves their maximum potential.