Uniform & Equipment
The Academy uniform was chosen by our Student Council because it is practical, affordable, smart, and comfortable.
The expectations around uniform are very high, please ensure that pupils arrive to school in the correct uniform.
Uniform List From suppliers:
- PACA grey blazer and embroidered logo
- Either – matching grey trousers, matching grey skirt or matching grey tailored shorts
- School tie in their house colour
- Black School V-neck jumper with a grey trim
From home/other retail shops:
- Plain white collared shirt
- Plain black leather/ leather look shoes/trainers
- Black socks or black tights
- Blazers must be worn to and from school and throughout the school day. Teachers will give permission for them to be removed at their discretion.
- The uniform skirt should be no more than 5 cm above the knee and worn with either skin coloured or black tights or short, black socks.
- Knee length pop socks, footless tights, jeggings, leggings etc. are not permitted.
The Cost of school uniforms guidance outlines that schools should consider costs when implementing uniform. PACA supports families who are in financial hardship, including exchange of second-hand uniforms. Parents can contact Head of Year for guidance on this.
At PACA we promote sustainability and encourage recycling of clothing. We regularly contact families asking for donations of second-hand uniform.
There is also a second hand uniform Facebook group available here.
PE Kit (which is to be worn to school on days when it is needed for PE or dance)
From our suppliers:
- PACA polo shirt
- PACA socks
- PACA shorts
- Suitable sports trainers (no marking soles)
- Studded footwear (not bladed studs) for use on the 3G pitch (also required for break and lunch use of the 3G pitch) see the guidance here
- PACA fleece (optional but recommended)
- Tracksuit bottoms (on the school uniform shop as “training pants”) (optional)
Please note: leggings are not permitted for PE kit or uniform
For health and safety purposes, jewellery must be kept to a minimum. Students are permitted to wear:
- A wrist watch
- One ring
- One necklace or chain, hidden under clothing
- One pair of stud earrings – no hoops
- No facial piercings are allowed
Our uniform is supplied by Sussex Uniforms who are local retailers based in Hove and Haywards Heath.
All uniform items can be purchased through the website or by visiting the address below.
Telephone 01444 227066
Shop 40 Blatchington Rd, Hove BN3 3YH
Telephone 01273 739676
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm Saturday: 10.00am - 4.00pm Sunday: Closed
A message from Sussex Uniforms:
‘We do not provide any incentives to the schools we supply and we always keep our prices as low as possible for parents, whilst providing long-lasting top quality uniform and a fast reliable service.’
Your child must bring these essential items to school:
- School Bag – Large enough to accommodate A4 folder
- Pencil case
- Black pen x 2
- Green Pen x 2
- Yellow Highlighter
- Pencil x 2
- Reading book (Years 7, 8 & 9)
- Scientific calculator (Casio fx-85GTx is recommended)
- Pencil sharpener