The Aspiration Centre, located at the heart of the Academy, oversees provision for all students who have Special Educational Needs (SEN/D) and/or Disabilities. The Aspiration Centre aims to unlock potential for those students with SEN/D at PACA.
The staff within the centre comprises:
- Mrs Taylor (SENCO/Head of Faculty Inclusion – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays)
- Mr Vanstone (Deputy SENCO – Mondays and Fridays/Interventions Manager)
- Mrs Gilbert (Child Protection & SEN Officer – Mondays to Thursdays)
- Miss De la Cruz (Teaching Assistant)
- Ms Mitchell (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Clark (Behaviour & Progress Officers)
- Mrs Jodi Lea-Trowman (Independent Speech and Language Therapist – Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Ms Sonja Turner (NLP Student Coach – Tuesdays)
- Mrs Denise Hawkes (Specialist Literacy Teacher – Tuesdays)
Brighton and Hove’s Local Offer
The Local Offer provides clear and accessible information about provision that Brighton and Hove expects to be locally available for our children and young people from birth to 25 who have special educational needs and/or disability.