The Aspiration Centre, located at the heart of the Academy, oversees provision for all students who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND). The Aspiration Centre aims to unlock potential for those students with SEND at PACA.
All accessibility planning for disabled pupils complies with paragraph 3 of schedule 10 of the Equalities Act 2010. The Aspiration Centre increases the student’s ability to participate in the curriculum and improves the availability of accessible information to disabled students. The Centre is dedicated to improving the physical environment of the school allowing disabled pupils to benefit from the Academy’s facilities and services.
The staff within the Centre comprises:
- Mrs Taylor (SENCO/Head of Faculty Inclusion – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays)
- Mr Vanstone (Deputy SENCO – Mondays and Fridays/Interventions Manager)
- Mrs Gilbert (Child Protection & SEN Officer – Mondays to Thursdays)
- Miss De la Cruz (Learning Support Assistant)
- Mr Wiltshire (Learning Support Assistant)
- Miss Rombough (Learning Support Assistant)
- Mrs Eborn (Learning Support Assistant)
- Miss Bizzarri (Learning Support Assistant)
- Mr Phillips (Learning Support Assistant)
- Ms Clark (Pastoral manager)
- Miss Moss (Pastoral manager)
- Ms Bennett-Edge (Pastoral Manager)
- Mrs Jodi Lea-Trowman (Independent Speech and Language Therapist – Mondays and Thursdays)
- Mrs Ellis English (Speech and Language Therapist – Thursdays)
- Ms Sonja Turner (NLP Student Coach – Tuesdays)
- Mrs Denise Hawkes (Specialist Literacy Teacher – Thursdays)
- Ms Rockwood, Primary Mental Health Worker (1.5 Days each week)
Brighton and Hove’s Local Offer
The Local Offer provides clear and accessible information about provision that Brighton and Hove expects to be locally available for our children and young people from birth to 25 who have special educational needs and/or disability.