We want to make it as easy as possible for parents to apply for free school meals for their children. The link below provides more information on those who could qualify and contains another link to the application form. If you don’t have access to a computer at home, parents can also phone free school meals on 01273 293497 or pop into school and Student Services will be more than happy to show them how to apply online.
Click here to apply for free school meals
Please read the following before proceeding to the online free school meals application form.
You should only use this site to apply for free school meals if your child or children attend schools within Brighton and Hove and you are in receipt of one of the benefits listed below.
From 6 April 2011, children whose parents receive one of the following benefits will be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance(IR ESA) (this benefit was introduced 27 October 2008)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs). Note – from 1 May 2009, where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school lunches.
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit