The Aspiration Centre, located at the heart of the Academy, oversees provision for all students who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND). The Aspiration Centre aims to unlock potential for those students with SEND at PACA.
All accessibility planning for disabled pupils complies with paragraph 3 of schedule 10 of the Equalities Act 2010. The Aspiration Centre increases the student’s ability to participate in the curriculum and improves the availability of accessible information to disabled students. The Centre is dedicated to improving the physical environment of the school allowing disabled pupils to benefit from the Academy’s facilities and services.
The staff within the Centre comprises:
- Ms Rafferty: Assistant Principal – Inclusion & Safeguarding (SENDCO)
- Ms Gilbert: SEN Administrator
- Ms Crompton: Learning Support Assistant
- Mr Wiltshire: Learning Support Assistant
- Ms Brine: Learning Support Assistant
- Ms Bizzarri: Learning Support Assistant
- Ms Eborn: Learning Support Assistant
- Ms Rombough: Teaching Assistant (Speech and Language) (2 days per week)
- Ms English: Speech and Language Therapist (1 day per week)
- Ms Turner: NLP Coach (1 day per week)
- Ms Hawkes: Specialist Literacy Teacher (1 day per week)
- Ms Rockwood: Primary Mental Health Worker (1.5 days per week)
Brighton and Hove’s Local Offer
The Local Offer provides clear and accessible information about provision that Brighton and Hove expects to be locally available for our children and young people from birth to 25 who have special educational needs and/or disability.